Become a member
- Do you want policy-makers to listen to your needs?
- Can your organization use some financial support?
- Are you ready to network with other associations and benefit from their experience?
- Do you want to partner with healthcare professionals, academics and the pharma community?
- Would you like to reach out to your audience with attractive campaign material?
- Do you want the latest psoriasis news, delivered straight to your inbox?
If you answered yes to these questions, IFPA membership is exactly what you are looking for!
We welcome all patient organizations working with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis. Joining IFPA means joining the biggest global psoriasis organization. We unite more than fifty patient associations across six continents. Together, we improve life quality for over 125 million people with psoriasis across the world.
What’s in it for me?
Your voice is heard in international forums
We believe lifting psoriasis on the international agenda is crucial. Policy-makers need to hear your needs – and do something about them. We regularly participate in high-level meetings at organizations like the World Health Organization. Because individual national associations cannot access these meetings, we make sure your voice is heard through us.
You get hands-on advice
Becoming a member means you connect with more than fifty other patient associations across the world. Their extensive experience means they can give you advice and tips to lift your association to the next level. We also organize regular member meetings to get to know you and discuss how we can support you.
You build networks
Our members regularly have the chance to meet with fellow psoriasis stakeholders – from renowned healthcare professionals to academics and pharmaceutical representatives. Networking with them strengthens your partnerships, opens up new projects and can provide you with additional resources.
Your campaigns get stronger
We understand the importance of attractive, well-researched campaign material to help you in your advocacy work. That’s why we provide our members with infographics, brochures and World Psoriasis Day communication kits. This makes it so much easier to let your audience know that psoriasis matters.
You get the latest news
Staying up to date with the latest psoriasis developments is key for patient associations. As a member, you gain advance access to our bimonthly newsletter and you are informed of major happenings – from research breakthroughs to which upcoming conferences are a must to attend.
You can receive financial support
We know many psoriasis patient associations run on limited budgets, which can be a real struggle. That’s why, whenever funding is available, we offer our members reduced admission to the IFPA World Conference and help out with travel costs to member meetings. And when IFPA’s Board issues an application call, you can even apply for a grant from our Solidarity Fund, which financially supports minor member projects.
Who can become a member?
You can become a member of IFPA if you fulfill these criteria:
- You are legally recognized as a non-profit organization in your country, state, region, county and/or city
- You submit proof of this non-profit status to us
- You send an English-language version of the bylaws governing your association to us
- You are recognized as a membership organization in your country
- You are free from commercial merchandising activities
- You are able to pay your yearly membership fee
- A representative of your association:
- Can communicate in English
- Can attend annual IFPA meetings
- Can communicate by e-mail or fax
- Your association can obtain information about psoriasis / psoriatic arthritis research conducted in your country, and is willing to share this with other members
- Your association is willing to share innovative ideas and informational resources with other members.
- If you have any questions about your eligibility for membership, don’t hesitate to contact the IFPA Secretariat.
We think it’s important that all psoriasis patient associations get the chance to enjoy our member benefits. That’s why we keep our membership fees democratic: smaller associations can join IFPA at a lower price.
Your annual membership fee is based on the number of members in your association:
|Number of members in your association||Fee|
|less than 100 members||25 US$|
|101-250 members||50 US$|
|251-500 members||100 US$|
|501-999 members||200 US$|
|1000-4999 members||300 US$|
|5000-9999 members||500 US$|
|10000-14999 members||700 US$|
|15000-19999 members||1000 US$|
|20000-24999 members||1200 US$|
|25000-29999 members||1400 US$|
|30000-34999 members||1600 US$|
|35000-39999 members||2000 US$|
|More than 40000 members||2500 US$|
All membership fees should be transferred to the IFPA Secretariat. To receive our bank details and payment instructions, please contact the Secretariat at email@example.com.
How can I sign up?
Great to hear you want to become a member – welcome!
Signing up is easy!
- First, fill out this form.
- Then, check out the IFPA Code of Practice on Relationships with the Pharmaceutical Industry and sign a Declaration of Adherence.
- Send your materials to us at the IFPA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will process your application and get back to you with further details.