As an individual, you can get involved with IFPA by getting in touch with your national psoriasis patient association or even starting a new association yourself!
Contact your national psoriasis patient association
- Are you living with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis?
- Do you want to help someone you know with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis?
- Are you looking for information on psoriasis’ symptoms, treatment or specialist care?
- Do you want to connect with others from the psoriasis community?
- Are you interested in attending psoriasis events in your neighborhood?
Then we warmly recommend contacting your national psoriasis patient association!
We have members in more than 50 countries around the world. Chances are good there is an active psoriasis patient association where you live. You can find the contact details to our national members here.
Start your own psoriasis patient association
In every country in the world, there are people living with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis.
But not every country has its own psoriasis patient association.
So why not start your own patient association?
You don’t need to have psoriasis to do this. Maybe you have a family member or a friend with psoriasis. Or perhaps you are a healthcare professional and want to support your patients. You can even ask others to help you out and start a new association together. All it takes is some enthusiasm!
We at IFPA think it’s great when people want to form a new association. But we know it can feel like a scary task at first. That’s why we have put together resources to guide your journey. We have developed a practical guide with tips on how to start a new psoriasis patient association. Furthermore, IFPA has founded a Mentorship Program to pair budding associations with existing IFPA members and facilitate the journey of establishing and growing your association.
To get started with the Mentorship Program, register here.
We are looking forward to working with you!
Celebrate World Psoriasis Day
Each year on October 29, the international psoriasis day community gets together to raise awareness of psoriasis – and celebrate its courage and achievements!
Regardless of whether or not you are part of a national psoriasis patient association, you can join the festivities.
Find out more here about World Psoriasis Day and what you can do as an individual.
Become a Friend of IFPA
Would you like to indicate your individual support of IFPA? As a “Friend of IFPA”, you can sign up to receive updates and indicate your support of IFPA’s vision and mission.
Individuals can participate in IFPA. Being a Friend of IFPA entails the following:
- Receive the IFPA newsletter
- Access IFPA resources available on www.ifpa-pso.com
- Follow IFPA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for regular updates.
- As an individual, you can contact the national organization in your country to connect to the network closest to you.
Indicate your support of IFPA by taking part in regular updates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or subscribe to our newsletter to become a Friend of IFPA.